The ponies and I are so glad you’re here!
My name is Kelsey and I am the owner and lead instructor for Little Legs Pony Academy.
This program is unique to the Cincinnati area in that we focus our learning and training that utilizes positive reinforcement…also known as clicker training!
Our facility is located in Williamsburg, Ohio.
The season runs from April through November every year.
The Pony Academy is for Ages 6-17 and our Pony Pal Days are for Ages 3-5.
Our Academy students sign up for private or group lessons Mondays through Thursdays. These lessons are private (paired lessons coming soon) and range from a full hour to 1 hr 15mins. I send out the available schedule for sign-ups via email first before it is available to the public. The schedule is available on a seasonal basis: Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Academy private lessons are $60 per lesson (1 hour)
- Group lessons are $45 per participant (~1.5 hours)
All new clients are encouraged to sign their Little up for 2 to 4 private lessons first before signing up for group lessons.
Sign up your email to our subscription list to learn more about how we utilize clicker training in our program, giveaways specifically for email subscribers, and to gain access to the seasonal schedules when they’re available!!
Note: Parents/Guardians of all loyal students (“loyal” status = those who have had 4 or more lessons ever) will always receive the schedule link to sign up as the first priority before it is available for new clients.
Pony Pal Days:
Ages 3-5: 1-hour GROUP setting! Limited to 4 participants per pony pal day. $40 per child.
Pony Pal Days may include some or all of the following:
- Grooming (taking turns and/or working in pairs)
- Riding when able or another fun ground activity with our pony specific to the topic
- Enrichment activity to create together for the ponies
- The last 15 minutes are spent on a craft related to our theme that your Little can take home!
Helmets are provided, but you may bring your own! All Littles are required to dress appropriately for the weather and should always have long pants and closed-toed/closed-heel shoes; riding boots are preferred! Please contact me if you have questions about this.
Sign up with your email to our subscription to receive the full year’s schedule and sign-ups for Little Legs Pony Pal Days!
My two missions for Little Legs:
1) To equip your Little Legs with the proper tools to learn and utilize positive reinforcement training methods with equines. Helping youth understand this science-proved equine behavior and training fosters independent thinking and problem solving. It also creates a strong foundation of trust, companionship, and willingness between horse and human! These are life-long skills that can offer empowerment and benefit areas of personal and social relationships outside of the arena as well!
2) To create a supportive and consent-based learning environment that enhances and empowers equines to participate in training through choice. This allows for:
- Activation of the seeking system in their brains rather than being in a constant “avoidance” mindset that is often found with training that uses primarily aversive techniques.
- Helping our equines to learn how to be trusting in humans and be independent problem solvers.
We strive to reach and connect more youth through this wonderful world of ponies and positive reinforcement!